Title: Senior Technical Writer
Company: Ipro Tech, LLC
Location: Tempe, AZ
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
The successful candidate must have:
- Senior or lead-level experience writing technical documentation (“how to” guides, user manuals) for software products
- Experience with building and maintaining documentation in an online repository
- Experience with tech writing tools such as Flare, RoboHelp, Doc2Help;Author-IT and/or FrameMaker
The ideal candidate would possess:
- Experience migrating documentation to a new online repository
- Experience building document templates the company can use to standardize
- Experience building content outlines and organizing documentation for users to search and easily find information
- The ability to quickly learn a product and understand its endusers in order to write user guides and best practices
About the role/how you will make an impact:
As our Senior Technical Writer, you will lead our documentation team, taking documentation from FrameMaker and transitioning it to an online repository. Working alongside executive management, you will lead documentation efforts by restructuring and organizing our existing and future content. This will include creating documentation designed for a platform built on preexisting, separate products.
You will develop, write, edit, revise, proofread, and assemble technical procedural manuals, user guides with hundreds of pages of content, FAQs, best practices, and procedural documents for all Ipro products. You will be responsible for maintaining all documentation within the company for an internal knowledge base, as well as end-user documentation using our customer’s resource center portal. You will also maintain electronic media (print and web) and provide support in the design, organization, and maintenance of how documentation is stored and presented to our customers.
Challenges you will help us solve:
- How do we efficiently move content from disparate sources and media to a unified, web-based location without having to reinvent the wheel?
- How can we simplify our process to edit and publish information once new features have been released?
- What are some documentation best practices, and how we can collaborate with Training and Professional Services teams to ensure these practices are upheld in our client portal?
We are looking for someone who:
- Is a true technical writing leader
- Can take technical information and translate it to human terms
- Can lightning-fast learn about eDiscovery and the legal technology world
- Is not overwhelmed with competing priorities and projects
- Plays well with others. You thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input.
We win with people. Here’s how we support ours:
- Named as a Careerbuilder® Top Company to Work for in Arizona in 2015
- Named 2015 AZ’s Most Admired company by Best Companies AZ
- 100% company-paid benefits for the employee including: Health, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability, and up to $50,000 in life insurance
- 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays
- 401(k) plan
- We offer flexible start and end times
- We have a start-up company mentality with 26 years of industry experience
- Work/life balance is valued and upheld
- Progressive, hip environment with private food market, lounge & game room, and casual office culture
Apply for this position at Ipro’s website.