Chapter Website Rebuild Project
Looking for something to put in your portfolio?
We’re rebuilding this website over the next few months, and we need a few people to help. No experience necessary. We’ll analyze, plan, and build together, step by step.
We’ll also post the names of all participants on our website, so you’ll be able to include the redesigned site and your efforts in your portfolio.
We’ll use the following criteria for the new site:
- User feedback from the past, present, and future. We’ll review comments and suggestions that we’ve received over the last few months, ask for feedback as we develop the new site, and monitor the site after the rebuild is complete and make modifications accordingly.
- A content audit led by Dr. Erika Konrad last September. We’ll discuss the content audit results in our planning and development sessions.
- A user experience (UX) card-sorting exercise led by Dr. Andrew Mara last November. We’ll discuss the card-sorting results in our planning and development sessions.
What We’ll Do Together
Most of all, we’re going to have fun. This will be a team effort and will require a variety of skillsets. Some of the things we’ll cover include:
- Identifying our stakeholders.
- Creating user personas.
- Setting website goals.
- Building the site in WordPress.
- Testing the site in different browsers and in responsive mode.
- Replacing the current site at www.stc-phoenix.com with the new one at www.stcaz.org.
How We’ll Manage This
To manage the website planning and development, we’ll:
- Work as teams to complete each task. (Everyone will have WordPress administrator permissions.)
- Meet every two weeks for an hour or so (using Zoom webinar software) to discuss our progress and goals for the next two weeks. Our first meeting will be in March, and we will start the project by April 1.
- Put the site online by August 31 (that gives us six months).
How Do You Get Started?
Just sign up below by February 28. We’ll take it from there. If you have any questions, contact Alan Vickers.